Reason 4.0.1 è un update di manutenzione che risolve alcune problematiche minori, in risposta al feedback degli utenti che hanno ricevuto la versione 4 di Reason.
- More tolerant error handling when loading custom fonts.
- Selected installer language was not used when upgrading from 3.0, this is now fixed.
- We have improved the error handling when copying Remote maps and codecs during start up.
- All sample players (NN-XT, NN-19, Dr Rex and Redrum) - High Quality Interpolation is now enabled by default.
- Improved handling of mono/stereo connections while auto-routing.
- Dragging devices to the rack from the tool window only worked with the top-most window, now it works with any window.
- More robust error handling during startup, avoiding certain timing problems in Windows.
- Automation type for Dr Rex transpose parameter was continuous - changed this to stepped.
- In certain situations Command-A did not work properly on Mac OS X.
- Notes with same Start or End position could change the play/stop order randomly. This could only be noticed while playing chords on a monophonic device. This is now fixed.
- Fixed note trig queuing for extremely short notes. This was causing phased effects when doubling clips exactly on two layers.
- "Reset automation override" could default to wrong value.
- Pressing Stop the second time moves the song position locator to previous start position, it could sometime move to song start if the locator had been repositioned during playback.
- MIDI import of file with redundant note information is now filtered.
- Uncombining a Combinator deleted the Combinator's sequencer track. This is now fixed.
- Reason could take a long time to respond when entering extreme numbers in position editors.
- Overriding parameter automation by loading a patch did not always indicate automation override. Now fixed.
Improved workflow in sequencer
- If a clip is selected in Arrange mode and you switch to Edit mode, the clip is automatically opened for editing. This only happens if the clip is on the current track.
- You can press [Esc] to close an open clip in Edit mode. If the clip was opened from Arrange mode, this will automatically switch the sequencer back to Arrange mode.
- Changed Zoom behavior: The program now zooms on the song position locator if it's in view. If not, it zooms towards the left edge of the current view.
- Drag and drop now also works in left-handed mouse configurations.
- Text-entry of a tempo with a decimal in the transport panel or when editing the static value was counter-intuitive: Typing something like '120.5' or '120.05' delivered 120.005. This is now fixed.
- Added label to velocity and pattern lanes.
- Added Remote support for:
- Akai MPD24
- Akai MPD32
- Akai MPK49
- Edirol PCR-300/500/800
- Frontier Design Group Alpha Track
- Line 6 KB37
- M-audio ProjectMix I/O
- M-audio Axiom 25/49/61
- M-audio Oxygen 8 v2
- Fixed a performance problem with the Remote Override "learn" feature.
- Performance problem when having many ReFills installed.
- Reason could crash when saving if there was more than 300 ReFills installed -fixed.
- Better error handling while file searching in browser.
- Broken search for missing sounds in songs created with OS hide extensions enabled - fixed.
- Changed wording of memory usage in patch browser to avoid confusion.
- Saving patches in Reason version 4 and ReFill packer had a backward compatibility issue - fixed.
- Sometime the static value was not imported correctly when loading old songs - fixed.
- If an opened patch or sample had been moved or deleted while Reason was running this could prevent the user from saving the song - fixed.
- Reason could in certain cases unexpectedly quit when saving on Mac OS X - fixed.
- If many devices in a Combinator were programmed to switch "Receive notes" on/off in the Combinator's programmer, some devices responded slower than other devices. This is now fixed.
- Increased the buffer size of Malström's Comb filter, this fixed problems with high sample rates.
- Fixed velocity CV and knob/automation lag when in random mode.
- Fixed broken velocity change of tied single note when in ON-mode.
- "Render Arpeggio To Track" was broken when pattern automation lane was enabled.
- New shortcuts: Shift pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac) Shift pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac) Random sequencer pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac) Alter Pattern: Ctrl + T (Win) or Cmd + T (Mac)
- Thor's sequencer have new shortcuts:
Shift sequencer pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac)
Shift sequencer pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac)
Randomize pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac)
- Reason could go silent if the sample rate was changed in Windows Vista or on an aggregated audio card driver in Mac OS X. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a ReWire problem with FL Studio, making it more robust.
- Made Ableton Live and Reason ReWire connection more robust.